So my reading for today is the book “The Writer’s Journey” by Christopher Vogler in which he uses a modified version of The Hero’s Journey by Joseph Campbell.
Here’s a little synopsis:
THE HERO’S JOURNEY:
- Heroes are introduced in the ORDINARY WORLD, where
- they receive the CALL TO ADVENTURE.
- They are RELUCTANT at first or REFUSE THE CALL, but
- are encouraged by a MENTOR to
- CROSS THE FIRST THRESHOLD and enter the Special World, where
- they encounter TESTS, ALLIES, AND ENEMIES.
- They APPROACH THE INMOST CAVE, crossing a second threshold
- where they endure the ORDEAL.
- They take possession of their REWARD and
- are pursued on THE ROAD BACK to the Ordinary World.
- They cross the third threshold, experience a RESURRECTION, and are transformed by the experience.
- They RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR, a boon or treasure to benefit the Ordinary World.
Add to it, re-arrange it, remove from it … make it unique to you and the story you have to tell.Thank you most Hartly,